Hiking in the Asheville, North Carolina area is amazing. It includes over 1600 miles of national forests. It also includes of paradise along 850 miles along the Blue Ridge Pkwy. There are some of the best trails for anyone who enjoys the outdoors to take advantage of while hiking through North Carolina.
There are four hiking trails near Asheville to make sure to check out. They are ranked according to skill levels.
- Frying Pan Tower
- Mount Pisgah
- Graveyard Fields
- Black Balsam Knob
- Devil’s Courthouse
- Richland Balsam
1. Frying Pan tower is an excellent choice for anyone that likes to go hiking without crowds. It is a 1.5-mile hike around historic tower, milepost 408. It is the least strenuous hike in the area.
2. Mount Pisgah can be seen from downtown Asheville. It’s easy to spot because it has a transmission tower at the top of the mountain. It is a very popular hike for guests. The length of the hike is 1.5 miles to the summit. This hike is a bit more strenuous.
3. Graveyard Fields is another popular hiking location. It’s very picturesque as well with two waterfalls. Graveyard Fields received its name from the tree stumps that look like gravestones. It is a little hike that lasts approximately four miles.
4. Black Balsam Knob is the most strenuous, but it is also the most beautiful hike. It offers a 360° view of the mountaintop area. It’s definitely one of the hikes that nobody should miss.
5. Devils Courthouse is even more strenuous as well. While it is just a half-mile hike, it’s uphill. That is why this hike was given the name Devils Courthouse. It also looks eerie.
6. Richland Balsam is another loop trail. It goes up to the top of the Blue Ridge Pkwy.
The campsites are just as gorgeous as the hikes. Asheville bear Creek RV park in campground is located at:
81 South Bearcreek Rd.
This campground offers 100 RV sites with complete hookups that even include table. There is a heated pool. It’s near Biltmore and several other local attractions. It offers a beautiful view of the mountains and the hiking locations.
Asheville East KOA is located at:
2708 Highway 70 East
Swannanoa, North Carolina 28778
This camp RV location offers insights with full hookups. There are three bathhouses. Amenities that are offered at the campground include lakes for fishing, a store, laundry, playground, swimming, boating, mini golf, and playground. It even has free Wi-Fi and cable TV.
Campfire Lodge is located at:
116 Appalachian Village Road
Asheville, North Carolina 28804
This camp offers RV hook-ups and large site locations with free Wi-Fi and complete hookups. There are cabins as well for those people that want more amenities. Each cabin is fully furnished.
1. The Biltmore Winery is one of those secret locations that everyone must see. It is perfect for romantic location and exactly what many couples prefer for weddings. It is located at:
1 Lodge Street
Asheville, North Carolina 28803
It is open from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. and offers a seasonal moveable feast for guests. Formerly a privately owned estate, it is a must-see site for the area. The views are simply amazing.
2. Water Adventures
There are several water adventures for guests. All natural waterfalls offer a wonderful hike and invigorating water adventure that can be completed with a zip-line run. It will be a site to remember.
There are other excellent stargazing sites to see with “that special someone.” After a long day of sightseeing, nothing compares to a romantic night of stargazing in this beautiful destination.
Resources and Websites for More
There are several resources available for anyone that is heading to Asheville, North Carolina. This site offers excellent bed and breakfast destinations for an alternative to camping. Anyone that loves the outdoors, but also values luxury will also love this website. It offers a complete list of romantic get-a-ways in the area.
Anyone would enjoy this destination. When a romantic vacation is the goal, this offers even more for guests. Lodging for every type of person is available and several wonderful dining locations as well in Asheville, North Carolina.